The Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, which was newly opened in 2019, is located in the heart of the South Malé Atoll and extends over three islands of its own. Holidaymakers can get to the luxury retreat with its 119 spacious villas and an unrestricted view of the Indian Ocean in 30 minutes by private yacht from the Maldivian capital Malé. The resort spoils its guests with culinary delights in eleven restaurants.
the luxury retreat with its 119 spacious villas and an unrestricted view of the Indian Ocean.
You can relax in the spa area between palm trees and the beach, while the children let off steam in the kids club. The resort’s own water sports center promises action for the whole family. The new Waldorf Astoria is the luxury brand’s first home in the Maldives and part of Hilton Worldwide Holdings.
Off to the lonely island
A very special little world, slowed down and only accessible by boat: With the Ithaafushi private island, Waldorf Astoria in the Maldives has created a luxuriously furnished hideaway down to the smallest detail. Surrounded by turquoise blue water, vacationers live in an overwater villa, beach villa or residence. The personal concierge and our own kitchen team are available around the clock. The 32,000 square meter island also has a spa, fitness studio, five pools, a children’s playground and an entertainment club.
Wellness and sport with a view of the blue
Nestled in a lush garden, the spa of the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi pampers its guests. A so-called wellness concierge puts together massage and beauty treatments, a nutrition plan and activities tailored to the visitor. The treatment villas are surrounded by tropical plants or sometimes float “over the water” with a view of the Indian Ocean. There is also a fitness studio with personal training, various group courses and yoga.
yes I do! Barefoot on the beach, in the overwater chapel or on a tropical island – couples get married at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi in a heavenly setting.
The resort’s wedding planners are on hand to offer advice and assistance to organize an individual wedding ceremony and the subsequent celebration as desired.
Thanks to the Waldorf True Service, newlyweds will have their every wish fulfilled during the honeymoon that follows: a personal concierge is available for the entire stay, who tailors the desired luxury for you.
- High-end Waldorf Astoria brand resort in the Maldives (opening 1 July 2019).
- Located 30 minutes by boat from the international airport of the Maldivian capital Malé
- Spread across 3 contiguous private islands in the Indian Ocean
- 119 luxurious guest villas on the beach, on the on-site reef or directly over the water, all with ocean views
- 3 villas on a private island accessible only by boat with chef and concierge
- 11 speciality restaurants, including “The Ledge” by celebrity chef Dave Pynt and the tree house restaurant “Terra”.
- Oceanfront spa with 10 treatment villas, including some overwater spa treatment villas
- Children’s offerings: Waldorf Astoria Young Discovery Park and Kid’s Club.
- Water sports activities and PADI dive centre
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Ithaafushi Island South Male Atoll, Male, 20009
Fon +960-4-000300 www.waldorfastoriamaldives.com